VTM: Endless Night

A Vampire the Masquerade RPG set six months after Gehenna. Some Kindred were left standing, but rebuilding their shattered society is the least of their problems....

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Note on new bloodline/clan names

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Margifish
Admin

PostSubject: Note on new bloodline/clan names   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 pm

This game is a spin-off from another game I was running that took the same (albeit different in a few ways) premise, only it was set 11 years after Gehenna. By that point in time the new bloodlines had organized and held a convention where they formally named themselves, declared themselves as new clans and formed a new Kindred sect (which most, but not all, of the new breed clans joined). However, this game takes place only six months after Gehenna, so none of the new bloodlines have formal names yet; they're just known as strange, aberrant childer of the original Kindred.

There's nothing to say, however, that if you play a new breed character you can't have them think up the name that will eventually become their clan one, but it's mostly for convenience that I'm going to go ahead and list the future names in the new breed information thread (it's also easier on the player to be able to write down an actual clan name on a character profile rather than 'Malkavian descended bloodline').

But at this point in time, in-story a new breed character more than likely won't have a name for their bloodline yet.

I might eventually go ahead and list the advanced information I made for the new clans, because it reflects future trends in the bloodlines and might give players a better feel for the society their character might one day belong to (especially if we do a time jump far enough in the future, as the convention where the new breed formally recognize themselves as clans takes place 5 years after Gehenna). Just keep in mind that for the beginning of *this* game, your new breed character has been a vampire at most for six months, and is probably lucky if he/she knows what clan or bloodline their sire was, let alone why he/she turned out so different from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://endlessnightvtm.forumotion.com

Note on new bloodline/clan names
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1